Monday, August 15, 2005

GUESS WHO is lucky?

Finally, we (Me and “A”) decided to go for a movie (at CineLac, the open air theater, very close to Lake Geneva). We opted for “Guess Who” instead of “Terminal” and booked our tickets online; then I realized that it was “VF (Version French)” where as the movie Terminal was “VO (Version Original-English)”.

Anyways, decided to look at the positive of it - consoled myself saying that it is the best way to learn French. As we were getting closer to the theatre, I can't explain how much my heart longed for a movie in English/at least sub titles in English. Where as, she (A) was confident that the subtitles will only be in German language.

I was trying to cheer me up to watch a movie in French with German subtitles, ha-ha!
I couldn’t believe my ears ;-) when I heard them speak in English(of course in the movie). But the rest of the crowd was annoyed as they were informed that they have wrongly received the VO of the movie instead VF for this movie. The crowd was offered with both German and French sub titles.

The movie was funny enough to make me feel lucky (though I watched this movie in shivering cold near the lake- wasn’t expecting such a cold in summer time).

0 comments: